Congratulations on your student’s acceptance as an undergraduate to UC Berkeley!
Your student will first complete online modules addressing academics and life at Berkeley prior to arrival on campus, and participate in Golden Bear Orientation for undergraduates.
While your students are transitioning to campus, here are some resources just for parents and student supporters.
There is an orientation just for Cal parents/supporters; find out specifics, including agenda details, on our Parents & Supporters Orientation page.
Not a parent? No problem!
Cal Parents and the Letter Home series are for useful for anyone who serves as a support system for a Berkeley undergraduate.
- Cal Parents Websiteadd
Cal Parents provides many resources for parents, guardians, and families of all UC Berkeley students. You'll find a resource guide, Facebook community, and updates on campus policies.
- Letter Home Newsletteradd
- Fees, Requirements, Etc.add
- How can I communicate with my student during Golden Bear Orientation?addYou are welcome to communicate with your student in whatever way you all agreed upon (calls, texts, emails). Please know that students will have an extremely busy Golden Bear Orientation schedule and may not be available to respond to you immediately.
- Are there any joint programs for students and their parents/families?addNo. Students participate in Golden Bear Orientation without families or guests. If you or a supporter are interested in participating in a program, please feel free to attend our Parent and Supporter Program.
- Where should I park during Move-In?add
During Move-In, activity is very busy so be sure to plan ahead and read instructions at the Housing Move-In website.
- I live outside of the Bay Area. Should I attend the parent/guest program?addIf you plan to accompany your student to Move-In, we highly recommend that you attend the Parent and Supporter Program. This experience, for all student supporters, is optional, and the choice to attend is a personal one.
- Is housing provided for families during orientation?add
We cannot provide housing for parents, families, and guests during orientation. Please visit the Cal Parents Lodging & Dining web page for a list of nearby lodging.