The Parent and Supporters Orientation addresses issues and concerns directly related to the support systems of incoming students. No need to sign up! Seats are first come, first served, and there is plenty of space.
Here you begin to:
- navigate the new campus and its resources
- meet fellow supporters
- learn about important UC Berkeley requirements, traditions, and culture — and understand the critical role they can play in your student’s college career
There are four sessions scheduled during fall Move-In, one for Special Population Orientation and three others for all remaining parents and supporters.
- Monday, August 17, 3–5:30 p.m. (location TBD) Note: Monday session is for parents and supporters of students who are participating in a Special Population Orientation on August 20.
- Tuesday, August 18, 9–11:30 a.m. (Pauley Ballroom, MLK Student Union)
- Tuesday, August 18, noon–2:30 p.m. (Pauley Ballroom, MLK Student Union)
- Tuesday, August 18, 3–5:30 p.m. (Pauley Ballroom, MLK Student Union)
We know that Move-In can be hectic and a bit unplanned; please join us whenever it is convenient for you.
Sample Agenda All Attendees
- Family Transitions
- Cal Parents Introduction (presented by Cal Parents)
- Golden Bear Orientation Overview & Introduction of Presenters (presented by New Student Services)
- Campus Safety (presented by UCPD)
- Academic Success (presented by the Student Learning Center [SLC])
- Health and Wellness (presented by University Health Services [UHS])
- “What is Residential Education?” (presented by Residential Life)
- Financial Aid and Scholarships (presented by the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office)
- “Understanding Billing & Payments” (presented by University Billing and Cal Student Central)