New Student Services (NSS) empowers undergraduate students to succeed and facilitates their transition to UC Berkeley. This process is known as the Golden Bear Experience, which consists of two parts: Before Students Arrive (advising and prep, online) and After Students Arrive (Golden Bear Orientation, and Getting Your Bearings, on campus).
The overarching goals of the Golden Bear Experience are to:
- welcome new students into UC Berkeley’s scholarly community and lay the foundation for fostering their intellectual identity
- create opportunities for participants to gain an understanding of academic requirements
- create opportunities for participants to connect with university and college resources, services, and support structures
- create opportunities for participants to engage with campus traditions and the range of UC Berkeley’s unique cultural communities
- create opportunities for participants to engage with their peers and the broader campus community
- set the path for a lifelong relationship with the campus
The Golden Bear Experience for many years was fondly known as Cal Student Orientation or CalSO.
New Student Services
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, California 94720
By phone: 510-642-7733
By email: email@example.com
|June 14, 2021–August 6, 2021||Help Desk Zoom Link|
|Mondays||10–11 a.m. and 2–3 p.m.|
|Wednesdays||10–11 a.m. and 6–7 p.m.|
|Fridays||10–11 a.m. and 2–3 p.m.|
Please note this website may link to other websites and technology applications. Our office does not monitor those websites or applications and has no technical or content control. Please contact the owners of those websites or applications for assistance.
To report spelling errors, outdated information, and/or incorrect or broken links on this website, please email us.