Golden Bear Advising is mandatory and covers campus academic resources and an introduction to your college and includes:
- communication with your Academic Adviser
- an overview of academic resources
- graduation requirements
You’ll be invited through a task in CalCentral to complete this online portion of your Golden Bear Experience. Your Golden Bear Advising task on CalCentral is updated manually by your individual college. Please allow up to five business days once you have completed all quizzes, discussions, and/or assignments for your task to be marked as complete. Still see the task as incomplete? Verify that your adviser hasn’t reached out to you for additional information and then contact your college adviser directly, through your Berkeley email or through the Golden Bear Advising module.
Important Note: You must complete Golden Bear Advising in order to connect with your Academic Adviser and to enroll in classes.
- Berkeley Academics OverviewIn this portion of your Golden Bear Advising module, you learn about Berkeley's college structure and more about our academic culture, expectations, and opportunities.
- Academic Enrichment & Support
This portion of Golden Bear Advising covers some of our exciting programs, opportunities for enrichment, and support options. For example, you'll learn ways you can thrive in a small academic setting (Berkeley Connect), find undergraduate research opportunities (Big Ideas, undergraduate research), or take or teach student-led courses (DeCal).
- Academic AdvisingThis portion of Golden Bear Advising provides unique content from your college or school, including the introduction to your Academic Adviser, an overview of college requirements, basic information on your major or path of study, and directions for selecting your first-semester courses.